Tuesday, July 31, 2007

my name is lara, and i'm a scrapaholic

okay...so i guess i'll have to show you one room at a time. here is my sanctuary...sigh...my office/craft room. i also have my sewing machine set up on the other side, but that part is not set up yet. we have been so blessed to have found this house. it's perfect. the sad thing is - by the time we move back to AZ, we will most likely have to downsize. any hoo...i am certainly enjoying the extra space for the next 4 years. i love having a room that i can shut off from the rest of the house, especially two little ones who love to "scrapbook" too. it is is a room off the basement, and the basement is a huge play room for the kids - so it's perfect because the kids can play while i work! i can edit photos, design paper, and more right next to my kids. i love it!!! the pink chair, metal hanging pots, and brown and white storage boxes are from ikea. my desk is from pottery barn, and the paper shelves are from my boss, tara. dream street papers didn't need them any more, and she said i could have them. the shelf to the right of my desk is a garage sale treasure painted white (got it for 5 bucks!) matt jokes with me that i have my own little store down here. well, call it what you want, but it's perfect!

13 comments:

Carma Lee said...

Perfect setup is right! Enjoy!!

Emilee said...

Craziness for you guys! Wow! Glad you made it safe. Love all your pictures, and it sounds like your house is great! You look like you are getting all settled, has life settled down a bit, or just as hectic as ever??? Like your ward or area yet??

danahollis said...

What a perfect space... :)

It's nice to see you getting settled.

I'll keep you posted on the blueberry jam recipe. I'm going to try it out in the next few days. Wish me luck... it'll be my first canning adventure! ;)

HUGS!
Dana

Heidi said...

That is awsome!! The perfect room, i'm jealous! haha. Sounds like you guys had quite the adventure out there, but glad you made it safe and are settling in now.

diana said...

i'll admit... your workspace is much neater than mine!

Robin said...

Looks like heaven! I can't wait to have my own sewing/ art studio one day.

Tracy said...

oh, looks great! I'll be right over to play...

The Cronin Family said...

I love your house! You are so talented! Maybe you should also become a interior decorator! I hope you guys are doing well in your new home!!

Heidi said...

Hurray!! You finally have your own space. I love your set up. Especially the way you are displaying your ribbon and paint. I may have to do that if we don't get a bookself anytime soon.

Kate said...

I love your blog update and you seems to be in heaven with your very own room to let your creative juices run wild. I sure love you and thanks for being there for me so much lately. It means more than you know. I sure love you and am so thankful i have an angel for a sister.

Caralee said...

Of course the way you've done up the room is a work of art itself. Not including what you are creating in it. You are so talented! Thanks for sharing.

Ryan, Sarah , Ruthie and Tate said...

Lara-
I love your room! I even e-mailed Ryan to look at it. I have to move my "craft" room to make way for baby. Hopefully your organization will insprie me!
-Sarah

Amy Teets said...

I LOVE it! I could move into that room!! I love those hanging pails!