Saturday, December 15, 2007

a busy season

so this is the time of year that my craft room looks totally nasty, because i don't leave myself time to clean it up with all the crafts, etc. i do. (actually when i'm done with a project, and it's 1am, cleaning up is the last thing that i want to do, so everything just piles up. so i'm kind of embarrassed to show you this picture, but i figured...it's a part of my life, and it might make some of you feel way better about yourselves because you
rs can't be this bad! (merry christmas!) p.s. i do try to keep the main part of my house reasonably clean because i can't close the door on the family room!
so, total i've done (just showing you how absolutely CRAZY i am, seriously, i do this to myself every year!)

*4 stockings (actually I made ours last year, but i made 4 for matt's brother and his family this year)
*1 outfit for gracie (for pictures with santa)
*4 pairs of pajama pants for us to wear on the polar express (you can see the red fleece in the picture above is the boys fabric, and the green with red polka dots is for the girls)
*i've edited over 800 pictures between family pictures and pictures with santa
*i've created 13 different christmas cards for different families
*i created a whole new line of scrapbook paper for dream street papers
(coming in feb 2008!)
*3 hand bags for teacher gifts and 1 diaper bag for a baby shower
*6 aprons for my nieces, gracie, and molly (our neighbor)
*12 bags to hold m&m's (and a super cute poem i'll post on the bottom) for our neighbors and friends around here
*1 advent calendar, 3 cards, and 3 scrapbook layouts for samples for the scrapbook company, creating inspirations, that i work for
*a rag quilt from the leftover fleece from the pj pants (couldn't let it go to waste!)
*10 ribbon ornaments
*12 chipboard picture ornaments
*and who the heck knows how many dozens of cookies, appetizers, and dinners for parties whew!








FOR A BAG OF M&M'S (inside a fabric bag i made)

as you hold these candies
in your hand
and turn them,
you will see...
the M becomes a W
and E then a 3.
they tell the christmas story.
it's the one i'm sure you know
it took place in a stable
a long, long time ago.
the E is for the East
where the star shone so bright.
the M is for manger,
where the baby Jesus slept that night.
the 3 is for wisemen
bearing gifts, they say they came.
W is for worship, hallelujah,
praise be His name.
so as you eat these candies
or share them with a friend,
remember the meaning of
CHRISTMAS
it's a love story that never ends.






15 comments:

RoRo2 said...

Wow I wish I had a tiny bit of your creativity and sewing ability! Everything is gorgeous and I am blown away by how much you have accomplished! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and I love the m&m poem and gift idea.

Samantha said...

Wow, you have been busy. Since my house is small and I don't have a craft room, my bedroom is my craft room so I don't have the luxury of doing all the crafts that I would like to do. You do have a great space to create.What pattern did you use to make Gracie's outfit? I love it. Please let me know what pattern you used. With all the rush, I hope that you and your family are having a wonderful Holiday.

Amber said...

wow you are Crazy!! But very talented. When do you have time to sleep?

Mike and Debbie said...

Oh my goodness Laura!!!! I love your blog!!! You truly inspire me. I can't believe all that you have done since Thanksgiving and with two children as well. You're amazing. If I could just have a 10th of your creativity I would be happy!!!

Steph & James said...

Wow, Lara, you are seriously amazing. Maybe when I grow up I can be like you? Among all this, you still have time to look amazing at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning for choir practice! Meanwhile, I have no kids, and I don't even look half as good as you! So don't feel bad that your craft room is a mess, when your gifts are amazing just like you! I think I said amazing like 10 times just now...

Kate said...

That's my girl! Wow you have been busy and still manage to have time to talk to me on the phone...what can I say other than... you are wonder woman.

The Gotzingers said...

You amaze me woman!! You make the most incredible things ever. I am so jealous. :o)

Caralee said...

Way to go Lara! Of course I am not surprised at all to hear all of the things you have been doing. Maybe one day I will be able to figure out how to fit a quarter of those similar things into my life. Right now I'm just trying to balance the basics. :)

Kristi said...

It's all so dang cute! I too would like to get the point in my house where I can have time to do more projects! When I have space (SOON!), I will have a room like that, I'm afraid. :o) So fun!!! And thank you again for that adorable apron. I feel lucky that my Claire's made the picture cut! I can't wait til she starts walking and can look so dang cute in it!!! :o)

THE TAASE'S said...

I love to see your creations! I too wish I had even a smidge of your creativity. LOVE IT! Hope your OHIO Christmas is wonderful!

Tafi

AshandNate said...

you are so creative and crafty that I want to go bury my head in the sand. How in the heck did you get to be so dang crafty. I'm jelous.

Anonymous said...

You have been one busy girl, Lara...I am so impressed!

I can't believe how talented you are!

Have a merry Christmas!

Alicia

Gypsy Purple said...

Hope you had a blessed Christmas!! Wishing you and yours a happy and prosperous 2008!!!

Emilee said...

You are amazing! Seriously! I am so proud to be your cousin! I saw the stalkings at Rob's, they are adorable! I would sneek in a steel them, but you had to put those names on them! ;)

Marcus and Jamie Yetter said...

I wish I was half as creative as you! All this is sooo cute! I never have thanked you for the way cute pics you took of Lyza! I love them! We need to hang out soon! Sorry I haven't called I have felt so crappy!