Wednesday, April 29, 2009

spring has sprung







it's AMAZING to me how almost overnight blossoms and buds appear. it's truly REFRESHING. after such a LONG, COLD winter...spring is a BEAUTIFUL thing. before moving to ohio, i never really anticipated something as much as i do SPRING! i woke up this morning {with my windows open} to the sounds of various pitches and songs of different birds and the rustling of the wind blowing through the trees...it felt like i was still dreaming. so before the "april showers" came for the day, i took pictures of all the lovely things present in my yard testifying of an ohio spring.
for as much as i don't like the cold and gray days in the winter, this TOTALLY makes up for it. i feel like spring and summer help ohio to redeem itself from a long, nasty winter. the spring, summer, and falls here are really a dream. i'm so pleased that we were able to get out of our little square of the earth in arizona, and come here to ohio. not only do i enjoy the seasons, but also friendships. i have met many people that i will call dear friends till the day i die. thanks, babe for moving us out here in pursuit of your dreams.


9 comments:

Jenny or sometimes Bozo said...

I absolutely love your pictures, and I love spring!

Tracy said...

Such a lovely post. I always feel so victorious this time of year - live a SURVIVOR! Upstate NY winters are much like Cleveland's. Not for wimps. I love to go outside in April and watch the progress of my spring flowers growing taller by the minute.

Have you ever heard this song by Nichole Nordeman?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwpdZdvCl8
It's one of my favorites - about the wonder of God's creation

Amber said...

Those pictures are amazing. I am envious you don't get flowers like that in AZ.

Kristi said...

Are all those pictures really taken in your yard? WOW! Beautiful!!!

Jason and Amy Smith said...

Man, those pictures beat the 10 inches of snow we have in our back yard here in MT!! Glad the sun is shining there some. Miss ya dude, glad you are doing well.

Kristi said...

I just came on AGAIN to look at these gorgeous flowers! They are so amazing!!!! My favorite is the white and red one, I think... Man, they are pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I stopped by, through a link of a friend's blog, and I have to say your photos and blog header are beautiful! Can I ask what font you used for "we love spring" in the first photo? I'm a bit of a photoshop junkie :)

Thanks!
Emily
emma.jones25@hotmail.com

Carma Lee said...

I'm with Kristi, loved the red leaves and white blooms. Such a sweet shot of Jack; dandelions were coming up all over Utah when were there last week. The photos are definitely magazine quality!

Marcus and Jamie Yetter said...

I love the new pictures! Just beautiful! Grace is so dang cute! I cant wait for Monday!