Thursday, August 27, 2009

slipping through my fingers

today the song, "slipping through my fingers" from the musical mama mia went through my mind as i watched my little one get on that bus...and then i tried really hard to swallow that huge lump that had formed in my throat. can it be? is my boy that i was just rocking and kissing his little nose goodnight really big enough for school? i didn't want G to see me cry {i didn't want her to be nervous for school} so i blinked back the tears and kissed my big boy goodbye for the day. he's not scared at all. he's more than excited to be at school. i'm sure going to miss that tender little soul around the house all day. although i'm not ready for my J to be in the real world, the real world desperately needs more J's.

4 comments:

Emilee said...

that is the perfect title for that picture! wow!

Kristi said...

I love your last sentence. :o) I saw that movie a couple of weeks after sending Kesley off to college. That song always makes me cry. Good job being strong. You're such a good mommy!

Soelbergs said...

Mine went off to school too!!! I can handle it okay because it's only 2 1/2 hours long. She's home before lunch time:) Hey, what happened to your family blog? I want to see more pictures of baby Sam!!!

Brad and Meghan Miner said...

That is so crazy you have one old enough to be in school. I guess that means I'm getting older too. By the way, are you going to be at the reunion in October. I hope so!