Thursday, April 12, 2012

Holland, Zaanse Schans

This place reminded us of our Amish days in Ohio. We went into a cheese factory and tasted all the great cheese. My kids settled on us purchasing a circle of Gouda (which was first created in Gouda, Netherlands). They loved tasting all the yummy cheeses. We also enjoyed watching how the wooden shoes were created. It was neat to see a man actually cut and hollow out a shoe. I couldn't pass up some cute red and white polka dot ones! They are now on my counter. It's hard to believe the Dutch still wear them. They are not comfy! We loved seeing the windmills and enjoying a giant pancake drizzled with chocolate and topped with cream. We went with our friends, the Bowerbanks, and had a fun time with them too (I don't know how I didn't get any pics with them?!)










No comments: