Thursday, May 24, 2012

Girls' Week

For Mother's Day this year, my sweet hubby bought me tickets to fly to D.C. to see my parents and sister {who just got back from a mission for the LDS church in Ecquador}.  I was so excited to see my sister.  I missed her so much for the year and a half she was gone.  I'm so proud of her.  She now speaks Spanish fluently and changed so many lives.  {Love you, Kate!}  My mom took us to the First Ladies Luncheon.  We had a great time there.  LeeAnn Womack was the entertainment.  I just love the song, I Hope You Dance.  We also got to go to a fundraiser for my dad {yay, Matt Salmon...any of you CD 5's out there...make sure you go vote for him on AUG 28th!}  We also hit Georgetown and went into some fun stores and stopped for some cupcakes from Sprinkles.  We did some serious damage at our fav outlets in Leesburg, VA {seriously the best outlets EVER!}  I just loved being with my parents and Kate...












Then to top it all off, my besties from OH made the drive to come see me.  I LOVE them.  We got pedicures, ate at Cafe Rio and Cheesecake Factory {where I ate like a happy piggy totally had self-control}, and hit the mall.  I just loved staying up chatting like old times with my girls.  I also loved snuggling their babies that I hadn't met yet.  Although I like change, moving on from them was super hard.  Good thing I have a hubs who lets me travel!  Thanks Jenny for the awesome pics...love you all.















Here's a shout-out to my awesome man who not only took care of the kids for the week, but also braided G's hair...he's awesome.

No comments: